UPDATE: The event went well. Below are some photos and video footage. Randy Gallistel was MC of the event and many lovely stories and remembrances were shared by Georges Rey, Consuelo Preti, Louise Anthony, Dianne Bradley (on behalf of Zenon Pylyshyn), Anthony Fodor, Iris Fodor, Massimo Piattelli-Palmarini, Leila Gleitman, Dianne Bradley, Barry Loewer, Rochel Gelman, Sue Carey, Joseph Levine, Alan Leslie, Ernie Lepore, Lucy Macron, Tom Bever, Christopher Peacocke, Peter Klein, Katherine Fodor (on behalf of Janet Fodor) and of course Randy Gallistel.
Videos (in chronological order)
- Opening Remarks by Randy Gallistel, followed by an overview of Jerry's life and accomplishments, and remembrance by Georges Rey
- Remembrance by Consuelo Preti
- Remembrance by Louise Anthony
- Remembrance by Dianne Bradley (speaking for Zenon Pylyshyn)
- Remembrance by Anthony Fodor
- Remembrance by Iris Fodor
- Remembrance by Massimo Piattelli-Palmarini
- Remembrance by Lila Gleiman
- Remembrance by Dianne Bradley
- Remembrance by Barry Loewer
- Remembrance by Rochel Gelman
- Remembrance by Joseph Levine
- Remembrance by Lucy Macron
- Remembrance by Tom Bever
- Remembrance by Christopher Peacocke
- Remembrance by Peter Klein
- Remembrance by Katherine Fodor (on behalf of Janet Fodor)
- Closing Remarks by Randy Gallistel
Plans are underway for celebrating Jerry Fodor's life and work. Some time in the fall of 2018, there will be a major international conference at Rutgers, open to everyone who would like to attend and is able to be there.
There are no dates or details as yet, but the conference organizing committee will post an announcement at this website as soon as the plans become clear enough to share.
Meanwhile, please begin reminding yourself of your favorite paragraph or two from Jerry’s books, or jokes from his papers, or arias from his opera collection, to pack in your suitcase or to post on the website once it is up.
Ernest Lepore, Randy Gallistel, Rochel Gelman, Alan Leslie, Brian McLaughlin, Sara Pixley