- Papathomas T.V., (2017) ‘Rolling Eyes on a Hollow Mask” (2017) in Champions of Illusion, Eds. S. Martinez-Conde and S. Macknik, Farrar Strauss Gireux Publisher.
- Papathomas T.V., Grace, T., de Heer, M., Bunkin, R. (2017) ‘The Exorcist Illusion” in Champions of Illusion, Eds. S. Martinez-Conde and S. Macknik, Farrar Strauss Gireux Publisher.
- de Heer, M. and Papathomas T.V. (2017) “The Ames-window illusion and its variations” in Oxford Compendium of Visual Illusions Arthur Shapiro & Dejan Todorovic (eds.), Oxford University Press, in press.
- Papathomas TV (2017) “Patrick Hughes’s reverspectives: depth and motion illusions on 3D canvas” in Oxford Compendium of Visual Illusions Arthur Shapiro & Dejan Todorovic (eds.), Oxford University Press, in press.
- Papathomas TV (2017) “The hollow-mask illusion and variations” in Oxford Compendium of Visual Illusions Arthur Shapiro & Dejan Todorovic (eds.), Oxford University Press, in press.
- Papathomas TV (2014) “Innovating perspective: Illustrating object and image superiority over surfaces,” in A New Perspective: Patrick Hughes, Flowers Gallery Publishing, London, UK, 2014, pp. 58-65.
- Papathomas, T.V., & DeCarlo, D. (2013) Schema-driven influences in recovering 3-D shape from motion in human and computer vision. In Dickinson, S. & Pizlo, Z. (Eds.), Shape Perception in Human and Computer Vision, Springer.
- Papathomas TV, Vidnyanszky Z, Blaser E. (2006) “Transparent motion: a powerful tool to study segmentation, integration, adaptation, and attentional selection,” in Jenkin, M. and Harris, L. (eds,) On Seeing Spatial Form, pp. 325-344, Oxford University Press, Oxford.
- Papathomas TV, Conway TE, Kovács I. (2004) “Interocular grouping in binocular rivalry: Basic attributes and combinations,” in Blake, R. and Alais, D. (eds.) Binocular Rivalry and Perceptual Ambiguity, pp. 155-168, MIT Press, Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- Papathomas TV, Rosenthal A, Julesz B. “Neural models of motion perception,” in Hung, G.K. & Ciuffreda, K.J., (eds.) Models of the Visual System, Kluwer Academic / Plenum, pp. 487-519, 2001.
- Kashi R, Papathomas TV, Julesz B. “Psychophysics and modeling of texture segregation” in Hung, G.K. & Ciuffreda, K.J., (eds.) Models of the Visual System, Kluwer Academic / Plenum, pp. 465-486, 2001.
- Papathomas TV. "The brain as a hypothesis-constructing-and-testing agent," in E. LePore & Z. Pylyshyn (eds.) What is Cognitive Science?, 230-247, Blackwell Publishers, 1999.
- Papathomas TV, Kovács I, Fehér A, Julesz B. "Visual dilemmas: competition between eyes and between percepts in binocular rivalry," in E. LePore & Z. Pylyshyn (eds.)What is Cognitive Science?, 263-294, Blackwell Publishers, 1999.
- Papathomas TV. "Bistable ambiguous tiling patterns with converging/diverging arrows," The Pattern Book: Fractals, Art, and Nature, C. Pickover, ed., 317-318, World Scientific Publishing: London, 1995.
- Papathomas TV. "Vivid depth percepts from simple grey-level line patterns," The Pattern Book: Fractals, Art, and Nature, C. Pickover, ed., 319-321, World Scientific Publishing: London, 1995.
- Papathomas TV, Julesz B. "Lie differential operators in animal and machine vision," invited chapter in Simon, J.C. (ed.) From the Pixels to the Features, North-Holland, 1988.
- Papathomas TV, Julesz B. "The application of depth separation to the display of multivariable phenomena," invited chapter in Cleveland, W.S. and McGill, M.E., (eds.) Dynamic Graphics for Statistics, Wadsworth and Brooks/Cole, 1988.
- Papathomas TV, Walk R. "Stability and mathematical modeling of power supplies," Chapter 10 (76 pages) in Electronic Power Processing text, AT&T Bell Laboratories, 1980.
Congratulations to Pernille Hemmer, Ryan Rhodes, & Bruce Tesar for receiving the 2022-23...2022-23 Distinguished Contributions to Undergraduate Education Awards reception took place on Wednesday, May 3rd from 2:30 PM-4:30 PM in Trayes Hall at the Douglass Student Center. We celebrated Pernille...
Spring 2023 Cognitive Science Evolution, Cognition and Culture class field tripThe Spring 2023 Cognitive Science Evolution, Cognition, and Culture class with Professor Robinson went on a field trip to The American Museum of Natural History along with Professor Scott's...
RuCCS Executive Council Member Elizabeth Torres and her Sensory Motor Integration Lab teams with...Elizabeth Torres is a Rutgers' Professor of Psychology as well as part of Rutgers Center of Cognitive Sciences. Her area of focus is Cognitive Psychology. Her lab studies how people move in...
RuCCS Executive Council Member Karin Stromswold selected as a recipient of the 2022-23...Congratulations to Dr. Karin Stromswold, RuCCS Executive Council Member and Professor of Psychology, has been selected as a recipient of the 2022-23 Chancellor-Provost Awards for Faculty Excellence! The...
RuCCS Affiliate and Department of Computer Science Distinguished Professor Dmitris Metaxas and his...Nightline seeks out the expertise of Dimitris Metaxas, professor of computer science and affiliate member of Rutgers Center for Cognitive Science, for its investigative report on Madison Square...
RuCCS NTT Faculty Ryan Rhodes won 2nd place in the CogSci Mind Challenge hosted at the Cognitive...Dr. Ryan Rhodes is an Assistant Teaching Professor of Center for Cognitive Science at Rutgers University. He won 2nd place in the Cognitive Science Society's CogSci Mind Challenge winning a sum of $500,...
A Rutgers researcher and RuCCS Executive Council Faculty, Jenny Wang, studies the benefits of...Jinjing Jenny Wang, is a assistant professor of cognitive psychology in the School of Arts and Sciences at Rutgers University. When Jinjing Jenny Wang embarked on a two-year study to determine...
Kristen Syrett, a professor in the Department of Linguistics and the Center for Cognitive Science...Kristen joined Rutgers in 2011, as a professor in the Department of Linguistics and the Center for Cognitive Science. An expert in the areas of language acquisition and psycholinguistics, Kristen is...
RuCCS Main Site News