Karin Stromswold, MD, PhD
Department of Psychology
Center for Cognitive Science
Rutgers University - New Brunswick
Busch Psychology Building, Room 233
152 Frelinghuysen Road
Piscataway, NJ 08854
Fax: (732) 445-6715
Director, Language Acquisition and Processing Lab
Please note: The Language Acquisition and Processing Lab is actively seeking undergraduate researchers.
The cognitive and neural bases of language from a multidisciplinary perspective
- Kharkwal, G., & Stromswold, K. (2014). Good-enough language processing: evidence from sentence-video matching. Journal of Psycholinguistic Research 43(1), 27-43.
- Isacoff, N.M. & Stromswold, K. (2014). Not all lexical access tasks are created equal: lexical development between three and five. First Language 34(1), 43–57
- Stromswold, K. 2008. The genetics of speech and language disorders. New England Journal of Medicine359(22), 2381-2383
- Stromswold, K. 2006. Why aren’t identical twins identical?: Genetic, prenatal and postnatal factors.Cognition, 101, 333-384.
- Stromswold, K. 1998. Genetics of spoken language disorders. Human Biology 70, 297-324.
- Stromswold, K., Caplan, D., Alpert, N., & Rausch, S. 1996. Localization of syntactic comprehension by Positron Emission Tomography. Brain & Language 52, 452-473.
The research and educational activities reported on these pages are supported by grants from the National Science Foundation (BCS-0446850, BCS-9875168, BCS-0002010, BCS-0042561, BCS-0124095) and the National Institute of Health (HD37818).