Cognitive Science Club Speaker: Dr. Adam Aron
Wednesday, February 24, 2021, 08:30pm
Check here for the Zoom link
Dr. Adam Aron is a Professor at the Dept. of Psychology at UC San Diego
- His research has two parallel streams: cognitive neuroscience and social psychology of the
- At the Aron Lab, researchers study how people control themselves. In experimental psychology, this is the field of “executive function” or “cognitive control”.
- He is also involved in Teaching, Organizing and Researching around the climate crisis.
- In April 2020, Professor Aron also published a paper in Neuron on how neuroscientists need to
put emissions reduction into the fabric of all their operations.
- In order for urgent action at a large societal scale to prevent the worst consequences of climate change, there are many cognitive questions that need answering and studying. Better understanding the prospects for such action can come from human psychology.
For the list of upcoming Cognitive Science Club events, visit here.
Rutgers Cognitive Science Club
Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter! All handles are @RUCogSciClub
Feel free to join our club group chat on Discord too!