List of Upcoming Events
ETHICS & THE FUTURE OF AI
Thursday, October 03, 2019, 06:00pm - 08:30pm
Academic Building 2400, CAC
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 3rd, 2019
ACADEMIC BUILDING (AB)
- 6:00-7:30PM, INTERACTIVE PANEL, RM 2400 (EAST)
- 7:30-8:30PM, RECEPTION, 6th Floor (WEST) of the AB
There will be food and refreshments served at the reception, please go to this site to RSVP: https://forms.gle/mKbiBG9KZsE97GEXA
Meet our Panelists!
- David Pennock, "Responsible AI in the Software Industry", Principal Researcher at Microsoft Research New York City. Dr. Pennock's research is in the economics and computation area of artificial intelligence. He was the founding Assistant Director of MSR-NYC, overseeing research groups in five areas: computers that learn, computers in society, computers in the economy, computer systems, and the ethical ramifications of computing.
- Susan Schneider, "AI and the Future of the Mind", Associated Professor in Philosophy and Cognitive Science, and Distinguished Scholar Chair for the Library of Congress. Dr. Schneider, author of Artificial You, writes about the fundamental nature of the self and mind, especially from the vantage point of issues in philosophy, artificial intelligence, and astrobiology.
- Vivek Singh, "Designing Fairer Human-Facing Algorithms", Assistant Professor, School of Communication and Information. Dr. Singh directs the Behavioral Informatics Lab, where his research group focuses on understanding human behavior in a data-driven manner and designing fairer versions of human-facing algorithms.
- Lindsey Zuloaga, "AI for Hire: The Disruption of HR Practices and Associated Fairness Considerations", Director of Data Science, HireVue . Dr. Zuloaga has a PhD in Physics, and leads a team at HireVue in developing AI software that facilitates companies in recruiting and interviewing candidates.